Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Pineapple Icebox Cake

I think this is the cake I made for Becky that she likes. I also made it the first time I hosted a B.A.D. Girls meeting at Lindsay's home.

I just made it again for our New Year's Eve dinner yesterday & it dawned on me that I should post this recipe here. Delicious cake!!

Cake:

* 2 cups flour
* 2 cups sugar
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup chopped pecans

Bake at 350 degrees until done but still moist (approx. 20-25 minutes). Frost while cake is still warm.

Frosting:

* 1/2 cup melted butter
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 large pkg. cream cheese
* 3 cups powdered sugar

Store leftovers in refrigerator. If you have any left over... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you made this for me when you brought me a meal when I had Ava! It is a big time favorite.

Jenni said...

that sounds yummy....what size pan do you bake it in?