Monday, December 1, 2008

Broccoli Salad

I think the broccoli salad I had at Thanksgiving also had sunflower seeds in it. This recipe is not from the person who made that dish, but from my mother-in-law who has a similar recipe. I loved this broccoli salad. I had never had anything like it before. It was so good that it was the first dish completely gone at our Thanksgiving meal.

1 head broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup red grapes, halved
1/2 small red onion, chopped
4-5 slices bacon cooked til crisp and crumbled
or about 1/4 cup real bacon bits
1/2 cup raisins OR dried cranberries

Dressing:

1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vinegar

Stir together dressing ingredients while preparing salad ingredients. Mix altogether adding bacon just before serving. You can also add sunflower seeds or slivered toasted almonds just before serving. Salad does not keep too well as leftovers.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Yum! I make this same salad quite a bit here in the Philippines... for bunco nights or any luncheons that we have quite often. It's a huge hit here as well!