1 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C graham cracker crumbs
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8oz) container sour cream
Marshmallow Filling - recipe below
1 (12oz) package semisweet chocolate morsels
1 tsp shortening
Toppings: Sea Salt, Chopped roasted salted pecans, Chopped crystallized ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour & next 3 ingredients in medium bowl; stir in graham cracker crumbs.
2. Beat butter & next 2 ingredients at medium speed with stand mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beating until blended.
3. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
4. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until set and bottoms are golden brown. Remove cookies to wire racks and cool completely (about 30 minutes)
5. Turn 12 cookies over, bottom sides up. Spread each with 1 heaping tablespoonful of Marshmallow filling. Top with remaining 12 cookies, bottom sides down, and press gently to spread filling to edges. Freeze on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet 30 minutes or until filling is set.
6. Pour water to depth of 1 inch in a medium saucepan over medium heat; bring to boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place chocolate and shortening in a medium-size heatproof bowl over simmering water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until melted. Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, remove cookies from freezer, and let stand 10 minutes.
8. Dip half of each cookie sandwich into melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with desired toppings and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
Note: Cookie sandwiches may be covered with plastic wrap and stored in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C sifted powdered sugar
1 C marshmallow creme
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Beat butter at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add remaining ingredients,beating until well blended.
Full Swoon Pies: Increase semisweet chocolate morsels to 16oz and shortening to 3 tsp. Prepare recipe as directed, dipping cookie sandwiches completely in chocolate mixture. (Use fork to easily remove sandwiches from chocolate.)