Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dara's Grandma’s Brown Sugar Cookies

In one bowl combine:
3 Cups of Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
¾ tsp of Salt

In another bowl combine:
1 ¼ cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
¾ cup Margarine (Blue Bonnet)
Melt margarine and add sugar, eggs, vanilla

Add dry bowl ingredients to liquid bowl ingredients and alternate with a little milk (2/3 cup)

Repeat until all mixed

Add 1 cup of chopped pecans

Grease a cookie sheet

Bake at 400 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes

I love these cookies! They remind me of my childhood. My mom and grandma both made them a lot! I like the fact that they are soft, chewy, cake-like and not too sweet (just right!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yum! can't wait to try these!

Dara said...

I forgot to post a note about staying on top of the baking time... don't over cook...these can dry out pretty easily! Otherwise, they are fabulous!