Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Behind the Apron: Stephanie


Who has been the biggest influence on your cooking? Chris and my church friends. Chris loves to cook and has stretched my cooking skills over the years. I have also enjoyed getting many recipes from church friends over the years. Some of them have become favorites of our family.

What is your favorite dish to cook…your signature dish? My signature dish is probably my dad’s lasagna. It’s easy and fun to make!

What was your biggest cooking disaster? Honestly, I can’t think of a big disaster. I know I have burned many a cookie in my day, and I know I’ve overcooked stuff. I guess they weren’t too bad to eat though or to leave a lasting impression!

If you could travel to another country just to taste their cuisine, where would you go? Italy. I LOVE pasta and could definitely go crazy eating there!

What is something you have never cooked, but would like to try? There are so many things! So often I get in a rut of just cooking what I’m used to. I am trying to branch out and try new things more often these days.

What do you consider the 5 most essential ingredients you keep in your kitchen? Sugar, flour, garlic, butter, cheese

What is comfort food to you? Mexican food (enchiladas and chips & salsa), pizza, pasta, soup, anything chocolate!

What are the ideal toppings for pizza? Pepperoni and green olives. I know, a bit boring but it is my favorite!

What kitchen utensil/gadget can you not live without? It’s a tie between my Pampered Chef food chopper and my garlic press. I have only used both of these within the last few years, but they save me a TON of time and I love them!

No comments: