Monday, January 3, 2011

Ava's Favorite Snack

I made a big batch of "trash" as some people call it before Christmas this year, and Ava declared it the best food to ever grace her mouth. Seriously, every time she ate some she told me I was the best "cook" in the universe. It's so easy to make, and it really is yummy. I have modified the recipe from one a friend gave me many years ago.

2 bags microwave popcorn (butter flavor) popped
3 cups frosted cheerios
1 1/2 cups pecan halves
1 cup cashews
14 oz. bag of chocolate m & ms
10 oz. pretzel sticks
2 pkgs. 10 oz vanilla white chips
2 TBS oil

Mix all ingredients except white chips and oil. In microwave or saucepan melt the white chips and oil until smooth. Immediately spread melted mixture over the other ingredients and toss to coat. (I use 2-3 huge bowls for this.) Then spread onto 2 wax lined baking sheets and let dry for 2 hours. Store in airtight container. (I store this in my large tupperware cake container turned upside down- the part the cake sits on is the lid in this case.)

You can also add a bag of english toffee bits or whatever your heart desires. Pretty hard to mess this up. I'd like to add some chocolate chex someday if they really make those and I am not making them up in my mind.

No comments: