Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kahlua Cake

Since I mentioned this cake in my interview below, I wanted to share the super easy recipe:

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 cup oil
1 small pkg. chocolate pudding (Cook & Serve)
3/4 cup water
2 eggs
1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur

Mix all ingredients & beat for 3 minutes. Pour into greased bundt pan & bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!


(A funny story about this cake... I baked it quite a while back for a church function at the congregation I grew up in. Several sweet, old ladies had a slice & raved about it. They asked me what it was called, so I told them. None of them knew what Kahlua was & right before I was about to spill the beans, one of the ladies asked, "Isn't that a type of potato?" And, before I could stop the lie, my head automatically nodded in agreement! I didn't have the heart to admit to these precious Christian ladies that I had probably just tainted them with the first taste of alcohol that had ever entered their bodies.)

No comments: