Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Please, don't ever make the recipe on the back of the bag of chocolate chips ever again. This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in the world, and once you try it, you will never use another. I promise.

1 cup shortening
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
opt. 1/2 cup pecans

Mix wet ingredients first, then add dry. Shape into balls and place on un-greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Do not overcook! Yank from oven when slightly brown at edges. They will firm up if you let them sit for a minute on the sheet before removing to wire rack to cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've already made this one a dozen times since you put it on your blog because you are absolutely right - these are the BEST chocolate chip cookies ever. Really, they are - and I've had my fair share of cookies!

Dara said...

I LOVE cookies... can't wait to try this one. Of course, I already have the one on the back of the bag memorized... so this will be an adjustment!